- Great film for kids 3/31/2020 12:00:00 AM by zampino-359-446228
Great film in the vain of "our gang" Great for kid and their parents. A wonderful adventure.
- Lyrically delicious and moving 3/31/2020 12:00:00 AM by unjooleebyars
Like his previous film with the same two actors "Little Feet," Sweet Thing is a complex and involving ode to transcending a childhood's worth of anguish.
- Must watch ! 3/30/2020 12:00:00 AM by cecilecailac
Poetic childhood adventure that I really really liked
- Check it out 3/31/2020 12:00:00 AM by nototis-13737
Another top shelf picture by Alexandre Rockwell, the director of In The Soup and Little Feet. As with the latter, Rockwell is able to capture a world from a child's perspective that is both entertaining and original.
- Tender and moving and occasionally explosive in its intrinsic emotion 4/1/2020 12:00:00 AM by alanwufilm
I watched this in the Berlin Film Festival 2020: tender, poetic, and brutal in equal measure, Rockwell's film is filled with poetry that speaks to a child's resilience in hard times. The film is aesthetically and tonally unique, shot in black and white that recall classical films of yore with bursts of color that reflect the joy and creative sprit of childhood. This is independent film at its finest and in its truest expression -- shot with a tiny crew, the film's rough hewed nature and free-spritedness is only possible without the oversight of the Hollywood machine. Films of this nature are a rare beast in this increasingly commercialized environment. Truly one of a kind gem -- my highest recommendation.